Don’t pay for line rental with another provider - bring your phone to Westnet and enjoy the benefits! Our Home Phone plan offers a simple, hassle-free service with great call rates, plus line rental is included with Westnet Off-Net ADSL2+ Broadband at no extra cost.
Standard National Calls
$1.98 up to 2 hours
17c/min, 44c flagfall
Calls to Australian mobiles
$2.48 up to 20 minutes
37c/min charged per 30 second block. 44c flagfall
$1.98 up to 30 minutes to top 20 countries (landlines only)
Variable rates per country. 44c flagfall.
1300 and 13 numbers
Call Forward, Call Return, Call Waiting, 3-Way Chat, Call Back
Get more information about Home Phone
So you've gone a bit crazy on the old downloads. Don't sweat it, we've all been there - just pick up an
Westnet Data Pack to replenish your monthly broadband quota. It's a bit of extra quota added to your Peak, Off-Peak or Anytime allowance for full-speed access when you want it. Available through
MyAccount . And we promise not to tell anyone. Honest.
Learn more about our data packs.
To get your broadband up and running, you'll need in your home:
An active phone landline so your broadband hardware can connect to the internet. Home Phone line rental is included with all of our ADSL2+ plans. If you do not have an active phone landline, then Westnet can arrange for one to be connected. Connection costs apply - please refer to our Home Phone terms, fees and guarantees.
This is the box that connects you to the internet, via your phone line. We recommend our $0 WiFi modem (for plans on a 24 month contract) because it's easy to set up and works with Fetch and Netphone.
This little gadget plugs into your phone so the internet doesn't drop out when you make phone calls. We'll send you one of these with any modem you purchase from us.
Both uploads and downloads count towards your monthly quota.
Exceed your monthly data limit? No worries, we’ll simply shape your download & upload speeds to 256/256kbps. You can even add a Data Pack, or simply upgrade to an unlimited plan at any time for added peace of mind.
Off-Net Home 500 has a peak download time of 8am to 2am, and off-peak 2am to 8am.
All ADSL plans are available on either a no contract or 24-month term, which comes with added setup and hardware discounts.
If you end your contract early, the following break fees apply. These fees cover the costs reasonably incurred by Westnet when the contract commenced.
Fair contract guarantee
When you sign up to a contract term, you commit to retain your ADSL Broadband service for the set period.
However, our fair contract guarantee lets you change between plans at any time without the need to break your agreed contract. A plan change fee will apply if you switch to a plan of lesser value.
Customer Service Guarantee waiver applies to Home Phone when bundled with Off-Net ADSL2+.
All Westnet services are bound by our Customer Relationship Agreement. This page offers a quick summary of the terms, fees and guarantees that come with your service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on 13 19 60.
- Our standard setup fee of $79.95 applies to all plans unless otherwise specified.
- We’ll waive your activation fee (saving you $79.95) when you sign up to Off-Net ADSL2+ on a 24 month contract.
- We'll also give you a new WiFi modem for $0 (or you can purchase one of our other modems at a discounted rate) when you sign up on a 24-month contract. A $10 delivery fee applies.
- You'll need an active phone service for your broadband connection. Home Phone line rental comes included in your monthly plan price.
- Both uploads and downloads count towards your monthly quota.
- If you have a monthly data quota and you exceed it, your download and upload speeds are shaped to 256/256 kbps for the remainder of your billing month
- Our Off-Net ADSL2+ Broadband plans give you ADSL2+ speeds, which means you'll get broadband access as fast as your connection can handle with respect to environmental factors like physical line quality, weather conditions, your broadband hardware and the distance from your home to your telephone exchange.
- You may switch between our broadband plans at any time without incurring contract break fees. A plan change fee applies when switching to a plan of lesser value.
- We do not offer priority assistance, nor support for medi-alert services and monitored alarm systems. Priority assistance is offered by Telstra for people who may be reliant on a telephone service because of a serious medical condition. If you have a medi-alert or priority assistance service or believe that you are eligible, please consider this before proceeding with your order.
- Home Phone and Call Packs are subject to our Acceptable Use Policy
- If you are connecting a new line please note that we are unable to confirm DSL eligibility until your new phone service is connected. In the event that your chosen broadband service is not available then we will contact you to discuss your options. Any costs such as phone line connection fees, line rental and usage charges will still apply for the duration of the newly connected phone service.
For more information, please refer to our terms, fees & guarantees.